It is illegal to work on any gas installations or gas appliances in the UK unless you are GAS SAFE registered and hold a valid and recent ACS CCN1 and appliances qualification
• CCN1 – Domestic Core Gas Safety enables you to register with GAS SAFE and take on any of the following appliances.
• CENWAT – Enables you to work on open flued, room sealed and floor standing models. The old CEN & WAT1 ACS modules have been combined forming the CENWAT which now enables you to work on a range of water heaters too. You will be adjusting, servicing and be able to identify faults where they do not comply with manufacturer’s instructions.
• HTR1 – If you’re planning on working with fires whether servicing, installing or doing landlord certificates this ACS covers flueless fires, inset live fuel effect fires and radiant fires. You will be able to determine satisfactory installation, carry out chimney tests and ensure catalytic converters are functioning correctly.
• CKR1 – Install, Exchange, disconnect, service, repair, breakdown and commission domestic gas cooking appliances.
• CPA1 – This is now part of the CCN1 core and re assessment criteria for assessment. If you have still not completed your CPA1; your CENWAT and HTR1 module will be deemed as void and you will not be permitted to carry out work on these appliances
• A candidate must hold a qualification that is recognised by the Accreditation Certification Scheme (GET TO GAS/NVQ)
• A candidate must have experience within the gas industry for a minimum of 2 years, providing they can show evidence and have a portfolio confirmed with photographic and witness declarations, they may sit the ACS Initial Assessment.
• OR on production of an ACS CCN1 certificate
Practical and written test / multiple choice questions