Due to the amount of high efficiency condensing boilers and flueless fires many manufacturers request the use of a flue gas analyser to complete commissioning, servicing and repairs. A flue gas analyser is also a useful tool to assist in the testing of domestic gas appliances.
CPA1 is an ACS Assessment for the knowledge and understanding of the combustion process. It is an essential course for any professional heating engineer wishing to commission or maintain modern day appliances.
- Requirements for commissioning, servicing and testing appliances when new components have been fitted.
- The Gas Industry Unsafe Situation category given to gas appliances that fail to reach a satisfactory combustion performance.
- Additional allowances for CO levels for gas cookers.
- Understanding of action levels for gas appliances.
- Corrective action required if CO/CO2 ratio levels remain above suitable performance levels after adjustment.