1. Do I need any qualifications or experience to undertake Get to Gas?
No, Get to Gas is aimed at new entrants to the gas industry so the only requirements are enthusiasm and a commitment to learn.
2. Do I need to find my own work placement?
As part of our Get to Gas Course, Get Training will assist to source work placements with Gas Safe registered companies for all of our candidates.
3. Will I be able to find work at the end of the Get to Gas Course?
Upon completion of Get to Gas you will be eligible to access the ACS Core Domestic Gas Safety Qualification. Upon completion of this you will be a fully qualified gas engineer and can work for any Gas Safe registered company or apply for self employment status.
4. Are there any age restrictions to undertaking your courses?
Generally there are no age restrictions to undertaking courses, all applicants are considered individually taking health and safety into account.
5. Do your courses run consecutively throughout the year?
Yes, we are continuously recruiting for new courses throughout the year, therefore whenever you call we can offer you available dates.
6. How often do I need to re-new my gas qualifications?
Gas Safe stipulates that all qualified gas engineers must renew their ACS Qualifications every five years to ensure they are up to date with current legislation and regulations. Get Training offer a reminder service to ensure our candidates are prepared for their five year renewal dates.
7. My ACS has now lapsed, what route do I need to take to re-new?
Candidates whose ACS qualifications have lapsed can still undertake ACS assessments, although prior training is recommended to provide an update.
8. Do you have parking spaces available?
Get Training have ample free car parking spaces available right outside our doors!
9. What time do you start your courses?
Most courses commence at 9:00am, although this does depend on which course you undertake. All attendance times are confirmed prior to your start date.
10. What is the maximum number of candidates you have in a group?
This depends on the course that we are delivering. At Get Training we pride ourselves on limited class numbers to ensure that candidates receive the support they need from their tutor.
11. Do you offer finance facilities?
Get Training can provide finance facilities subject to eligibility, please contact us for further details.
12. Can I come and see your training facilities?
Get Training always welcome potential candidates at our centre and are delighted to give tours of our facilities. Additionally, we are happy to provide you with the opportunity to discuss course details with our training consultants or trainers, who will be able to answer any questions and provide you with further details on our courses.