This course has been designed specially by GET Training for operative to understand how incorrect wiring can cause faults on a heating system and how to rectify them. Giving you the confidence to understand and work on systems that are not just ‘Combined Boilers’.
Be trained and assessed in the following areas:
• How to Wire, Identify and Understand;
S Plan Plus
S Plan Plus Plus (create as many zones as you want)
• Understanding the crossover compatibility with different valves
• Wiring different types of valves, room stats and single pole single throw cylinder stats and single pole double throw cylinder stats.
• 3 wire, 5 wire & 6 wire valves, what’s the difference and how to wire them?
• How to wire a timer without instructions and a stat
• What does it mean if there is power in the Orange, White and grey cable or just the grey cable?
• How can wiring up the room stat affect the anticipator inside?
• Wiring up a frost stat
• Understand those boiler terminals with PL PR, SL SR, SW1, SW2 etc.
• Understand voltage free switching and voltage switching
• Why does the valve turn into a magnet?
• How to wire pump over-run & wireless controls
The HEATING CONTROLS WIRING AND WIRING FAULT FINDING course is ideal for registered gas heating engineer or newly qualified gas engineers who would to increase their knowledge and understanding of wiring faults and wiring heating systems.
Assessment is carried out using a variety of methods; including multiple choice, short written response and scenario questions and observed practical tasks. Class limited to 4 candidates per course.