This course is designed for operatives to understand how incorrect wiring can cause faults on a heating system and how to rectify them. It will give trainees the confidence to understand and work on systems that are not just combined boilers.
• How to wire, identify and understand;
S Plan Plus
S Plan Plus Plus (create as many zones as you want)
• Understanding the crossover compatibility with different valves
• Wiring different types of valves, room stats and single pole single throw cylinder stats and single pole double throw cylinder stats.
• 3 wire, 5 wire & 6 wire valves, the difference between them and how to wire them.
• How to wire a timer without instructions or thermostat
• How to understand what it means if there is power in the orange, white and grey cable or just the grey cable.
• How to understand how wiring up the room thermostat can affect the anticipator inside.
• Wiring up a frost thermostat.
• Understand those boiler terminals with PL PR, SL SR, SW1, SW2 etc.
• Understand voltage free switching and voltage switching.
• How to understand why the valve turns into a magnet.
• How to wire pump over-run and wireless controls.
The Heating Controls Wiring and Wiring Fault Finding course is ideal for Gas Safe Registered gas heating engineers or newly qualified gas engineers who want to increase their knowledge and understanding of wiring faults and wiring heating systems.
Assessment is carried out using a variety of methods including multiple choice, short written responses, scenario questions and observed practical tasks. Classes for this course are limited to 4 candidates per course.