This qualification is designed to provide learners with knowledge of the basic health and safety practices essential in the workplace.
The qualification provides learners with an understanding in
- The responsibilities of employers and employees.
- The benefits of good health and safety.
- Steps to a risk assessment and how they can reduce accidents, near misses and ill-health.
- Typical hazards and controls in the workplace.
- Common causes of accidents, near misses and ill-health.
- Emergency procedures and the importance of recording accidents, near misses and ill-health.
Written multiple-choice examination.